There are many subscription boxes to choose from these days that can be customized to suit anyone’s taste. If you have clothing subscription boxes on your list of things to check out, this information can benefit you. Learn the ins and outs of clothing subscription boxes, so you can make informed decisions about the best choices for you.
Some popular clothing subscription boxes include:
- Nordstrom Trunk Club
- Stitch Fix
- Rent the Runway
- Dia & Co
- Le Tote
While this is just a tiny sampling of the options available, there are many more out there. Each one has its unique model for operating, and some offer better value than others. It is up to you which clothing subscription boxes you would like to try and even, to some degree, which ones to continue after one or two initial purchases.
There are quite a few advantages for those who want to try clothing subscription boxes:
- Convenience. New clothing items are shipped to your door each month for you to try.
- You can try on the clothing in the comfort of your home.
- A personal stylist who selects outfits for your body shape and according to your style guide.
- Exposure to colors, fabrics, and even styles you may not normally select yourself. Some you may discover are quite flattering.
- Creates monthly updates for your wardrobe.
- Many offer specific budget parameters to make budgeting your wardrobe easier.
- Potential savings. Most offer some type of discount if you elect to keep some or all of the items in your box.
While there are plenty of advantages, there are a few potential disadvantages to keep in mind. Consider these things before you dive in with any clothing subscription box.
- Someone you do not know is styling you. Your stylist may not know your style, tastes, and preferences, they only have your answers to style guide questions to guide them. You may get some amazing finds or some that have missed the mark.
- Costs. Some charge styling fees that you are required to pay even if nothing in the box is a good fit.
- Costs of forgetting to return clothing items on time. That means you are left to purchase those items, whether you like them or not.
- • Risks of overbuying. While you can get great discounts by purchasing all the items in a particular box, you may not wear all the items in a given box. Other people find the returning items to be inconvenient and keep items they may not otherwise purchase.
- Some people forget to end their subscriptions and it takes more time to cancel than it did to sign up.
Is It a Good Deal?
Good deals are in the eyes of the beholder. For some people, the advantages of clothing subscription boxes far outweigh the potential disadvantages. Those who gain the most value from these services are the people who are more adventurous in their clothing choices and willing to try new things. If you have a particular style you are not ready to stray from, subscription boxes may not help.
- Subscription clothing services are convenient to use.
- Subscription services can help you budget your wardrobe more effectively.
- They can easily end up costing more than you anticipate.
- You might not like all the styling choices selected for you.
- Value, in these matters, is in the eye of the beholder.
- All subscription clothing services offer something a little different. You may wish to try more than one if you decide to take the plunge.